Sunday, June 25, 2017

Tandoori Style Drumettes


Last week I was on a cleanse/detox (you can read about my experience HERE) so the list of foods I was "allowed" to eat was pretty short. I find when you can't add creams and sauces and such to your foods it helps to add spices for flavor. Indian spices are some of my favorite to experiment with because a little can go a long way!
Normally tandoori has yogurt and such but I have simplified here to meet the criteria of the cleanse I was on. It still has all the flavor and, because it is cooked at such a high heat, has a lovely crunch to it without a lot of oil. You definitely don't need to be on any kind of cleanse to enjoy these drumettes. They are super easy and require almost no prep which means it is a perfect recipe for those lazy days. 


Tandoori Style Drumettes

Ingredients
Marinade
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garam masala
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp coriander
1/2 tsp tumeric
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
1 tsp coconut oil
juice of half a lemon
salt & pepper

about 2 lbs chicken drumettes (or wings)

Directions
In a mixing bowl, combine spices, minced garlic, coconut milk, oil, lemon, and salt & pepper, stirring well. Place the chicken into the marinade and stir very well to coat all the pieces. Pour marinade and chicken into a Ziplock bag and place in the fridge for at least 4 hours, up to overnight. 
After marinading: Preheat oven to 400. Line 2 cookie sheet with tinfoil then place wire racks on top of the tinfoil. Spread the drumettes out on the racks.


Cook at 400 for 15 minutes, remove from oven and flip all the pieces over, return to oven and continue to cook at 400 for another 10 to 12 minutes. 
Turn oven to broil and move drumettes from the middle rack to the top rack to broil for 2 to 4 minutes to crisp up - keep an eye on it!
Remove from heat and serve.


I had mine with a baked potato topped with fried onions and peas!


Healthy, easy, delicious. I'd call it a win. How 'bout you?

1 comment:

  1. Hey thank you for posting this up dear. Honestly, for me any kind of chicken will do but I just love chicken. No matter what way it is cooked or prepared. I will be trying this sometime too.

    ReplyDelete