Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cinnamon Bun Muffins (Gluten Free)


I don't really know how I am feeling about gluten free baking. 
I have made some things that tasted okay but I am still a little put off by the texture. This recipe has a lovely cinnamon taste and the texture is fairly close to a "regular" muffin. Maybe a little drier.
I will keep persevering as I am determined to find a gluten free recipe that I will fall in love with. 
I do hope you give these a try and let us know what you think. 


Cinnamon Bun Muffins (Gluten Free)

Ingredients
Cinnamon Mixture
2 Tbsp cinnamon
4 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp butter, melted

Muffin
1/2 cup no fat Greek yogurt
1/4 cup maple syrup
2 eggs
1 cup almond flour
1 cup quinoa flour
1 Tbsp coconut flour
pinch salt
1/2 tsp baking soda

Topping
1/4 cup pecans, chopped
1/4 cup maple syrup (for brushing on top)

Directions
Preheat oven to 310 degrees (YES, 310, not 350!) Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners, set aside.
To make cinnamon mixture - In a small bowl, mix together cinnamon, maple syrup, and butter. Set aside.
To make muffins - In a large bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, maple syrup, and eggs. 
In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, quinoa flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda. 
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Batter will be thick.
Place a bit of batter into each prepared muffin cup. 
Top with approx 1 Tbsp of the cinnamon filling.
Place another scoop of batter into each muffin cup.
Sprinkle each muffin with some of the pecans. 


Bake at 310 for approx 25 minutes. Toothpick inserted into center will come out clean and tops should be browned.


Remove from oven and let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool completely. 
Brush the tops of the muffins with the extra maple syrup. 


Depending on the size of your muffin tins you may get more or less muffins.
These are very cinnamony. Be sure not to skimp on the cinnamon - it says 2 Tbsp so don't cut it back!
Do you have any tips for gluten free baking?
We would love to hear from you!

Looking for some tasty and crafty links? Head over to these great sites -- Anyonita Nibbles, Hun...What's For Dinner?, Chef In Training, Carole's Chatter, and Table For Seven.

5 comments:

  1. Oh goodness, these muffins look fantastic! Thanks for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The muffins sound really good to me and they are certainly pretty! I am not a gluten free cook/baker so I don't have a lot of experience but I would definitely like to give these a try.
    I also wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. I wasn't sure if you saw the original notification but you can check out the details of the award on my blog post "Sunshine Award". Part of the award is to nominate several bloggers that inspire you and of course, you do. I know this is terrible timing with the holidays and our busy lives so if you do not have time to participate in the award I certainly understand. Regardless, you still inspire me and will continue to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These muffins look delicious! Thanks for linking up to Share Your Stuff Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete