Friday, October 4, 2013

Peanut Butter Truffles


I have made our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles about a zillion times. They are easy to whip up and taste delicious BUT I decided I wanted to try something with peanut butter. 
Well, you can't get much more peanut buttery than these. 
I used Reese's Pieces instead of M&Ms to make them more Halloween-y PLUS, of course, Reese's Pieces are peanut buttery themselves. 
Peanut butter + peanut butter = Mmmmmm!
These are just as simple to whip up as the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles but give you a totally different end result. 
Make both, see which you prefer!


Peanut Butter Truffles

Ingredients
1/2 cup butter, room temp
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup flour
3/4 cup Reese's Pieces

Coating
~ 2 - 3 cups peanut butter flavored melting wafers
~1 cup chocolate melting wafers

Directions
Line a cookie tray with plastic wrap, set aside. 
Beat together butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the flour and Reese's Pieces (If you can find mini Reese's Pieces those work even better.)
Using a small cookie scoop - or about 1 Tbsp - drop dough onto prepared cookie sheet. Chill about 15 minutes. (Dough should be firm and only a little bit sticky. If it is too sticky then stir in a little bit more flour.)
When they have firmed up a bit, take each one in your hands and roll into a smooth ball. Chill another 20 - 30 minutes. 
Melt the peanut butter melting wafers in the microwave, heating in 20 second intervals and stirring in between until smooth. 
Skewer a truffle on a toothpick, dip it in the melted peanut butter wafers, and then set on plastic wrap to set up. Repeat with the remaining truffles. When they are all done, set back in fridge to chill while you melt the chocolate wafers.
Dip each truffle into the melted chocolate, only dipping half of each truffle. 
Set back onto tray to set up.


These travel very well too. I sent some across the country to my boyfriend and they arrived in good shape. 
The dipping can be a pain in the butt. Have patience, don't rush it! If needed, return the truffles to the fridge for a few minutes to chill in between dipping. I always like to have more melting wafers than called for just in case. More is better than not enough. 
I used the regular size Reese's Pieces and they worked just fine. If you have access to the mini ones then they would work very well too. 
These would make a cute little treat to go on the Halloween dessert table. 
 
Don't forget to visit Ms. enPlace and The Velvet Moon Baker and Hun... What's For Dinner? for some fantastic links!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing. Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll have to do a lot of taste testing before I can decide which I like best out of the two. Dang. What a shame.
    Thank you for linking--these would be perfect for my dad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh YUM!! I know a few adults in this house that would have to hide these, if I made them, LOL. Thank you so much for sharing at Simple Supper Tuesday and I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete