Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sugar Cookie Toblerone Brownie Bars

 
I'm going to let you in on a little secret:
Sometimes I cheat to make treats.
Wait...wait...wait....
Don't judge me...
Sometimes you need something really yummy and cool looking and you only have like 2 seconds notice to make it.
That is when it is acceptable to cheat. And by cheat, I mean use a mix.
*siiiiiigh*
If you can't live with the guilt of cheating with a mix then you CAN use your own recipes. I totally would have if I'd had enough time. (Click HERE for our own sugar cookie and brownie recipes)
Honest.
 
 
Sugar Cookie Toblerone Brownie Bars
 
Ingredients
1 pkg sugar cookie mix (I used Betty Crocker)
*and ingredients to make cookie mix as per package directions
2 cups chopped chocolate bars (I used Toblerone)
1 box fudge brownie mix (I used Betty Crocker)
*and ingredients to make brownie mix as per package directions
 
Directions
Preheat oven to 350. Line a 9 X 13 pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
Prepare sugar cookie mix as per package instructions. Press into preapred 9 X 13 pan.
 
 
Sprinkle with chopped chocolate bar.
 
 
Prepare brownie mix as per package directions. Pour evenly over chocolate bar layer.
 
 
Bake approx 30 minutes, until brownie and cookie are done. Do not overbake. Remove from oven and let cool in pan, on wire rack.
 
 
Run a knife around the edge to loosen sides of brownie/cookie. Use the parchment paper "handles" to remove it from the pan. Cut into squares.
 
 
See...looks pretty...and no one needs to know you cheated. If you want to fancy it up even more you could frost it with some lovely chocolate frosting.
You can't beat the combo of soft, fudgy brownie and soft, chewy sugar cookies!
I would normally use our homemade Sugar Cookie Recipe and our homemade Fudgy Brownie Recipe but, as I said, sometimes you just have to cheat.
Now...let's just keep this our little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment