Thursday, June 9, 2011

Number 2 on Jo's Chocolate Chip Cookie List

2nd most delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie. Ever.

My favorite chocolate chip cookies have to be the Pillsbury ones in the tube you can buy in the grocery store. The dough eaten raw is fantastic and warm, straight out of the oven is heaven. I could honestly eat a whole tube of them.
I know, I know.... not from scratch?
Blasphemy!
But, to redeem myself, I do have a recipe that is pretty close to being number one on my list. (That would be #2) I found it one day whilst perusing Allrecipes. They have a bazillion chocolate chip cookie recipes. (I'm not kidding - a bazillion) Take a look here - Allrecipes .  I believe they are called Best, Big, Fat, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies.
As usual, we tweaked the recipe a bit. We can't help it!
They are amazing - maybe because they are HUGE, or maybe because they taste awesome and are chewy yet crispy on the edges. I think you will agree - but, hey, you won't know until you try!

#2 on Jo's List Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
(Slightly adapted from Allrecipes)
 
Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Pinch salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
 Directions
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
We make them big - I use my 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop them on the cookie sheet. I think about 6 fit on a sheet at a time.
You can, or course, make them smaller, but - why would you want to do that? My theory is if I only eat 1 cookie the calories are the same whether it is teeny or huge. 1 cookie = 1 cookie. (Shhhhh....let me have this one!)

3 comments:

  1. Yummy, choc chip are my fav.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazingly easy and really looks delicious. I'm definitely craving for a plate of that right now. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe. This is definitely a must do recipe this weekend since I got my ISO 22000 Training.

    ReplyDelete